Hello BESTers,

I hope everyone is still enjoying their long weekend! I would like
to let everyone know that the BEST Society will be holding a
meeting next week. The details on location and time will be posted
soon. We really need your support and involvement so please come
and join us for this meeting.

We still need to fill officer positions such as
-Sercretary
-Webmaster/Historian
-Activities/Recruitment Coordinator

Also I am interested in having the BEST Society participate in the
upcoming Powershift 2009 which will take place from Feb. 27
through March 2 in Washington DC. Powershift is a conference which
aims to demand bold environmental and clean energy solutions from
our elected officials. The number of attendees is expected to be
about 10,000 high school and college students and some of the
speakers include Al Gore, Kofi Annan and Van Jones. Travel and
lodging may be sponsored.

At the meeting we will be discussing our upcoming lecture series,
film screenings, our gardening project, trips, the website and
more.

Please let me know if you are interested in an officer position,
attending the Powershift, any of our events or general information
about our club.

For those of you who will not be attending, I will send out
minutes following the meeting.

Thank you!

--
Yelena Granovskaya