Please sign if you agree with the declaration.

-----Original Message-----
From: Julie Machen [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Julie Machen
Sent: Sunday, January 25, 2009 8:29 PM
To: Machen,Chris; peirolo stephanie; Shana; Dr. Daniel Chong; Menely
Sarah
Subject: sustainability in the USDA

Now that the inauguration is behind us, it's time to *get serious about
change*. President Obama has indicated that he will not be able to do it
alone, that's why it's important to grow our movement.

Right now, if you've already signed the petition at Food Democracy Now!
it's more important than ever to get our allies to sign as well.

Already you have become a part of sustainable history. We *just got the
news
* that two of our Sustainable Dozen are under serious consideration for
Deputy Secretary. In order to put Chuck Hassebrook or Karen Ross in a
position to be able to implement sustainable change at the USDA *you
need to act now*!

Invite all your friends to become a part of Michael Pollan's Army! If we
each get two or three friends to sign the petition we will reach the
*critical mass needed* *to create serious reform* at the USDA.

Right now President Obama needs your help to Show Him the Movement!
so he
will be able to support family farmers going forward.

Go ask your friends to join Michael Pollan's Army and give President
Obama the reinforcement he needs.

Grow the movement. Act Now.
Be the Change!

Best,