Save the Dates

Earth Month - April 2009

April 9, 2009, 8pm Dr. Jared Diamond

Phillips Center for the Performing Arts

Dr. Jared Diamond, Professor of Geography (UCLA) and Pulitzer
Prize-winning author, will present a lecture related to the subject of
his latest book, Collapse: How Societies Choose to Fail or Succeed. He
will talk about the signs of collapse, and how, if we see them in time,
we can prevent it.

Co-sponsored by: UF Office of Sustainability, UF Department of

Soil and Water Science, and the UF Dean of Students Office

April 14, 2009, 6:30pm "Sustainability Mythbusters"

UF faculty address common sustainability myths and offer tools for
answering questions about reducing our environmental impact.

April 16, 2009, 6:30pm "Is Collapse Imminent?"

Showcase of research being done at UF on climate, environment, and
society.

April 19, 2009 Green Run/UF Hustle for Humanity

This 5K run/walk aims to bring attention to green building principles
and benefit UF Habitat for Humanity.

April 21, 2009 Sustainable Products Trade Show

Participating vendors, UF Departments and student organizations educate
the campus community about sustainable products purchased by UF and
options for green products for personal use.

April 22, 2009 Earth Day Celebration

Featuring President Machen's annual report on the State of
Sustainability at UF, campus sustainability recognition awards, student
organization fair, and other activities.

If you are interested in co-sponsoring or assisting with any of the
above events, please contact

Stephanie Sims at [log in to unmask]
<mailto:[log in to unmask]>  for more information.