Forwarding information from the Florida Organic Growers concerning a local food coop.

Kathleen Pagan, AICP, Sr. Planner
352-374-5249
www.scenicus441.com<http://www.scenicus441.com>

From: Matt Vargas [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Thursday, January 15, 2009 10:03 AM
To: Matt Vargas
Subject: http://www.citizensco-op.com/

http://www.citizensco-op.com/

Good day everyone,

Now is the time to join a citizens movement to start a community-owned food cooperative in Gainesville!  We envision a market that will give farmers in north central Florida and beyond a fair and profitable market for their produce; that will strive to provide to ALL in our community access to real food, good food; that will pay its workers fairly and honor their rights; that will promote knowledge that empowers each of us and our community; and which works hand in hand with others to create a just and sustainable food system in Gainesville, Alachua County, north-central Florida and beyond!  But this vision needs us and our kindred spirits to be realized!

If you're not already a member, please consider joining.  If you're already a member, think about becoming an investor...and convince friends and family to become citizens!

...And....come on out and meet your fellow citizens!
Wednesday, January 21st  8:00 pm at Civic Media Center:  The Future of Food  (A film by Deborah Koons Garcia)
Saturday, January 24th 2pm-8pm Winter Festival benefit concert @ The Garden 1006 NE 12th Avenue
Wednesdays at the Downtown Farmers Market
To stay abreast of upcoming events and opportunities to get involved, sign up to receive the co-op newsletter at http://www.citizensco-op.com/

Many thanks!

Florida Certified Organic Growers & Consumers, Inc. (FOG)
PO Box 12311
Gainesville, FL  32604
www.foginfo.org<http://www.foginfo.org/>
352-377-6345 (t)