Hello HOSA members,

Many HOSA members have showed an interest in volunteering for Cam
Boggy Creek.
Camp Boggy Creek is situated in Eustis, FL (north of Orlando). It
holds 3 day stays for families every weekend whom have a child
with an illness. Each camp session host a specific illness group.

Volunteers serve as Family Pals who accompany their family through
all the camp activities or as Activity Pals who help run the
camp's activity areas.

2009 Spring Family Weekends

    January 9-11 	Diabetes
    January 16-19 	Spina Bifida (MLK holiday; 4 day event)
    January 23-25 	Cancer
    February 6-8 	Heart
    February 20-22 	Asthma
    February 27-March 1 Blended (kidney, IBD, immune deficiency)
    March 6-8 	        Craniofacial
    March 18-22 	KOVAC (Kids on Ventilator Assisted Care)(5 day
event)
    March 27-29 	Sickle Cell
    April 17-19 	Heart

Note:
--->  you must be at least 19 yrs old
You do not need to fill out the summer physical.
If you are Lifeguard Certified please check that box as that
position is always in need.
You must have a PPD/ TB skin test done in the past 12 mo.
Choice #1 March 27-29, #2 April 17-19, #3 Feb 27

Please read the website for more information:
boggycreek.org/2006/volunteer/generalvolunteers.asp

If you have any questions, Please feel free to email me back. I
volunteered last semester and it was an AMAZING experience.

If you are considering volunteering, please start the application
as soon as possible as it takes a long time for the background
check to come back. Please email me back so that I know who is
applying.

Jessica Vargas
Health Occupations Studetnts of America Vice President