SPRING 2009 ONLINE WORKSHOPS
The Spring 2009 StudentAffairs.com online workshops (http://www.studentaffairs.com/onlinecourses) for student affairs administrators are now set. Please share this information with your staff.  Questions?  Please contact Stuart Brown at [log in to unmask]

1.  A Student Affairs Professional's Guide to Data Reporting Using SPSS for Windows
February 9 - 27,  2009
PRICE: $150
http://www.studentaffairs.com/onlinecourses/spring2009course1.html

2.  Basic Supervision: Beginning the Dance
February 9 - 27,  2009
Price: $130
http://www.studentaffairs.com/onlinecourses/spring2009course2.html

3.  College Students with Asperger's Syndrome
February 16 - March 6
PRICE: $130
http://www.studentaffairs.com/onlinecourses/spring2009course3.html

4.  Reality Campaign: Turning Drug, Alcohol and Other Safety Concerns Into a Marketing Campaign to Raise Awareness and Educate Students about Their Behavior
February 16 - March 6
PRICE: $130
http://www.studentaffairs.com/onlinecourses/spring2009course4.html

5.  Feng Shui and Residence Life Living
March 9 - 27
PRICE: $100
http://www.studentaffairs.com/onlinecourses/spring2009course5.html

6.  "Show Me the Money!": Strategies for Successful Grant Writing
March 9 - 30
PRICE: $130
http://www.studentaffairs.com/onlinecourses/spring2009course6.html

LOOKING FOR GRAD JOB HUNT BLOGGER
StudentAffairs.com is looking for one or two graduate students to write our weekly blog for the 2009 "Student Affairs Job Hunt."
Interested graduate students should submit one writing sample that would be in line with what would appear on the Job Hunt Blog as opposed to simply a writing sample from a course you have taken. Send your sample to Stuart Brown at [log in to unmask] by Monday, January 19th.  The blog will begin the first week of February.

There is a small stipend and the blog will be anonymous to give students more freedom in writing about their experiences. We am looking for individuals that can write interesting, fun, enlightening, edgy, eye-opening blogs. This would take someone who is not afraid to keep a blog and who is a good, creative writer. Students can get an idea of what we am looking for by clicking on the link to our Student Affairs Blog page at http://studentaffairs.com/blogs/index.html and reading entries from past Student Affairs Job Hunt blogs.

Also, don't forget to read our current student affairs blogs--Learning to Fly-Season 4, The Grad School Journey Begins, and The 2008 New Professional.

8TH ANNUAL VIRTUAL CASE STUDY COMPETITION
We are now accepting registrations for our 8th Annual Virtual Case Study Competition (http://studentaffairs.com/vcs/index.html) for Masters level students in student personnel administration, higher education, or counseling programs.   Information on registering teams, rules and prizes is available at the Virtual Case Study website.

The registration deadline is Friday, January 23, 2009. The competition will take place from January 25 - February 13, 2009. There is no limit on the
number of teams per graduate program that can enter. We have also expanded the competition time period.  PLEASE NOTE:  This year's case study will involve the production of a video so the proper equipment needs to be secured by each team.

If you have any questions, please contact Stuart Brown at [log in to unmask]

WINTER 2009 EJOURNAL ONLINE
The Winter 2009 edition of our ejournal, Student Affairs Online (http://studentaffairs.com/ejournal/Winter_2008/")  just been posted to our pages.

Articles include:
1.  Technology and Job Searching: A Marriage in Need of Counseling
2.  Video Games: Opportunity for Colleges or Potential Addiction
3.  Sources for Understanding Undergraduate Student's Use of Technology
4.  Technology in the Time of Crisis: A Dean's Perspective.
5.  African American Students' Satisfaction with Distance Education Courses