I didn't really think it was significant at the time, but several people have posted about birds singing at this early date. While we didn't Have Bachman's Sparrows singing at the Serenova Tract during the West Pasco CBC ( in fact we had to bust our tails to get 5 ) on January 2nd we had 2) singing Northern Parulas, 1 discovered by my wife Lorraine and a singing Pine Warbler.
      Unlike previous years, we've had several Gray Catbird's that have been singing throughout the fall and winter in our yard. We usually don't hear them until late spring.

Don Margeson
St. Petersburg