Lorraine and I birded John Chestnut Sr. County Park in North Pinellas County from 10:00 AM -12:15 AM today. Birds were extremely active and very cooperative. Two birds of note we found were a singing Golden-crowned Kinglet near the head of the north nature trail and a male Canvasback from the Boardwalk in the NW portion of the Park along Lake Tarpon. I had to Thrushes and an Ovenbird calling from the area near the north trailhead as well, and while I'm confident one was not a Hermit Thrush and was calling from the same area we found a Swainson's Thrush in November, a Red-shouldered Hawk flew in and perched and we never saw the bird. Adult and juvenile Bald Eagles flyovers sent the Red-shouldered Hawks into full cry. A calling Barred Owl was music to our ears and 3 Pileated Woodpeckers were a pleasant sight. Birds were so abundant and so cooperative, we never made it to the Peggy Park Trail. Below is a list of what we saw and heard. Later from our 4th floor deck in NE St. Pet!
 e we saw 5 Purple Martins.

1) Canvasback ( male )
1) Brown Pelican
2) Double-crested Cormorant