This morning, 1/10, at 7:30 a.m., I found the female Common Goldeneye just north of the Dunlawton Causeway in Port Orange, Volusia County. At lunch, I found a 1st winter Glaucous Gull on the beach about 200 yards north of the North Jetty in Ponce Inlet, Volusia County.  What is probably this same bird was reported to me from New Smyrna Beach on Jan 2 by Carlos Ross, and probably also by Stacey Bell on 1/6 from Wilbur-By-The-Sea. I had not been able to locate the bird at either location, but it finally took pity on me and landed on my doorstep.  Also, I found 2 Purple Sandpipers on the North Jetty.

Michael

Michael Brothers
Marine Science Center
Ponce Inlet