Bunny Benstzen and I enjoyed a great day at MINWR with 100 species accumulated from the refuge and the menagerie of birds at Doug Stucky's home.    The best for me was the DICKCISSEL seen on the approach to Bio Lab Rd. from SR# 3.  I  seem to recall this bird was reported by Mitchell Harris in late December in this area.   The bird was seen today in a large pile of brush on the right side of the road just past the hammock on the curve before entering Bio Lab Rd.   Several birds were in the brush pile, perching on the dead limbs,  including 4 or 5 Painted Buntings,  Common Ground Doves, Mourning Doves,  Savannah Sparrows,  Yellow-rumped Warblers,  Orange-crowned Warbler,  etc.   A Red-shouldered Hawk  patrolled the area.

The Snow and Ross's Geese still observed on Blackpoint Drive.

Phyllis Mansfield,
Cocoa Beach
Every Day  a New Adventure