From: Open Forum for Learning Assistance Professionals [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Elliott, Jeffrey M
Sent: Thursday, January 08, 2009 12:24 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: FERPA

I'm starting to think we could use a campus-wide workshop on FERPA and
when / where that prevents sharing information, particularly where
parents or legal guardians are involved.  This is specifically related
to the work we do advising students.  Do any of you have experience with
a workshop or instructional tool at your institution?  How can I best go
about informing the faculty and staff (and myself)?

Jeff

Jeff Elliott

Director, Academic Success Center

Columbia State Community College