From: Open Forum for Learning Assistance Professionals [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Zola Gordy
Sent: Tuesday, January 13, 2009 3:03 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Critical Thinking Course

Beverly,

I am interested in these materials.  I did not receive the attachment either.

Thanks!

Zola K. Gordy, Retention Coordinator
Student Success Center
MCC - Penn Valley
3201 Southwest Trafficway
Kansas City, MO 64111
(816) 759-4004

What better book can there be than the book of humanity?
--Cesar Chavez

>>> "Wallace, Beverly" <[log in to unmask]> 1/13/2009 1:47 pm >>>
Wendy,

A colleague and I have presented on this topic at APS for several years.  I'll be happy to send a ppt. and resources for you if you would like this information.  This information, though, will provide you with the "back story" and give you pointers on what to include in such a course but will not be a sample syllabus.  I'm attaching the last presentation that we did.  If you'd like the information, just let me know either publicly or directly.

Beverly A. Wallace, Ph.D.
Interim Assistant Director of Writing Support
Coordinator of Supplemental Instruction
Shippensburg University Learning Center
Department of Academic Programs and Services
Shippensburg University
1871 Old Main Drive
Shippensburg, PA 17257
717-477-1420