About 13 years ago, I developed a Critical Thinking course at an institution where I previously worked.  I used John Chaffee's text "Thinking Critically," though I modified it somewhat for use with developmental students.  I liked his approach, and the students found his activities thought-provoking.

Sharon Green
Niagara University

-----Original Message-----
From: Open Forum for Learning Assistance Professionals [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Zola Gordy
Sent: Tuesday, January 13, 2009 2:52 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Critical Thinking Course

Years ago I met John Chaffee, a philosophy instructor at LaGuardia Community College, in NYC. I was greatly impressed with his text and the success he meets with his students.  I just Googled him and found his resume.  Also, I see that he is still teaching at the college.

http://www.thinkingworld.com/jcresume.htm
http://www.thinkingworld.com/tworldmission.htm

Zola K. Gordy, Retention Coordinator
Student Success Center
MCC - Penn Valley
3201 Southwest Trafficway
Kansas City, MO 64111
(816) 759-4004

What better book can there be than the book of humanity?
--Cesar Chavez

>>> Wendy Wilson <[log in to unmask]> 1/13/2009 1:23 pm >>>

I am considering developing a critical thinking course and wonder if those
of you who already have a course established could sharing your course
syllabus, or resources that might assist me during this preliminary course
formulation?

Wendy L. Wilson

Assistant Director, Counseling Center

Director, Learning Assistance Service