-----Original Message-----
From: Open Forum for Learning Assistance Professionals
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Huettl, Angela
Sent: Tuesday, January 13, 2009 3:14 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: working with blind students in basic writing

Does anybody have recommendations for resources that discuss how to best
work with blind students in basic writing courses? My biggest concern is
his resistance to doing his own typing. He has dictated papers to his
scribe in other classes, but this approach does not fit with the process
writing approach on our campus. I need a bit of background and research
on working with blind students in writing courses. Anybody have any
suggestions?

Thanks in advance for your help,

Angela Huettl
Indiana University South Bend