-----Original Message-----
From: Open Forum for Learning Assistance Professionals
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Pratt, Tamara
Sent: Thursday, January 08, 2009 6:13 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Reading tutoring

Has any one offered a tutoring session that focused on reading
effectiveness and wasn't subject specific? What did you call the
tutoring i.e. Reading tutoring, Reading effectiveness tutoring,
Accelerated reading tutoring???? Reading skills tutoring ....please
note, this would not be for developmental reading....

Many of our intense reading courses seem to be high risk (for D, F, or
W) but when we offer tutoring, students aren't accessing it. Those who
do, say they understand the material but they just can't get through the
reading material to do well on the exams. Any thoughts?

Please reply to me privately.

Tammy Pratt, Director
Assessment and Learning Center
University of Oklahoma
270 Wagner Hall, 1005 Asp Ave.
Norman, OK  73019
405 - 325 - 4336
http://uc.ou.edu/alc.htm

University College is moving and has a new address beginning January 1,
2009. Please note the change of address above.

browser to