In that case, it may be helpful to recruit SI Leaders from among the under
represented groups. If that is difficult to do, can you begin with a
student assistant or two who identify with those under represented
ethnic/cultural/social groups? Also perhaps meet with student leaders from
the groups you are trying to attract and ask them what would help
encourage students to attend the SI sessions. You could also try hosting
SI informational sessions as part of the targeted groups "club"or
"society" events, or attending a particular group's student union meeting
or event with SI bookmarks, course lists, SI leader job descriptions and
announcements on hand,etc.

-Roberta

 Open Forum for Learning Assistance Professionals
<[log in to unmask]> writes:
>Yes, this is an effort to make a more diverse population feel welcome on
>campus through the SI and other programs.  It's an issue of having a very
>low percentage of minority groups represented on our campus and an effort
>to make the campus more diverse.  Thank you for asking.

Roberta Schotka
Director of Programs
PLTC, Wellesley College
phone:781-283-2675