Hi there,

I have attached my syllabus for our RDNG 1000 course, Critical Reading and Thinking for College.  We are in the process of revising the class to focus more on news literacy.  SUNY-Stony Brook has a class in news literacy and I would recommend that you purchase the course packet from their bookstore.  Another good resource is Asking the Right Questions by M. Neil Browne and Stuart M. Keeley (0-13-220304-9, Prentice Hall).  This is an excellent general purpose CT text that allows you to teach the core elements of good critical thinking in practically any discipline or as a course focused on CT.  You should also visit the Foundation for Critical Thinking's website (http://www.criticalthinking.org/) and consider attending one of their excellent workshops for teachers.

Jennifer

-----Original Message-----
From: Open Forum for Learning Assistance Professionals [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Wendy Wilson
Sent: Tuesday, January 13, 2009 1:23 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Critical Thinking Course

I am considering developing a critical thinking course and wonder if those of you who already have a course established could sharing your course syllabus, or resources that might assist me during this preliminary course formulation?

Wendy L. Wilson

Assistant Director, Counseling Center

Director, Learning Assistance Service

Shoemaker Building