Please reply to the list as we also are in the same division and space and are investigating becoming a "Learning Commons."  I would love to hear from others who have done so.

Christine Zielinski
Academic Resource Center
University of St. Francis
Joliet, IL  60435
815-740-5067

>>> Sharon Juenemann <[log in to unmask]> 1/13/2009 2:50 PM >>>
Our learning center and our library are currently within the same organizational division and we also share physical space (Library on the bottom floor and learning center on top). Until now, we have operated as two separate departments within the same division with very little overlap or purposeful collaboration. Now, however, we have an opportunity to be more strategic and purposeful with our collaborations. I'd love to hear from those of you who function either within a library or collaborate very closely with a library on your campus. What sorts of things do you do to enhance each other's functions and services? Do you share staff? Cross-train staff? Sponsor joint activities and programming? Thanks! Sharon [cid:[log in to unmask]]~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ To access the LRNASST-L archives or User Guide, or to change your subscription options (including subscribe/unsubscribe), point your web browser to http://www.lists.ufl.edu/archives/lrnasst-l.html To contact the LRNASST-L owner, email [log in to unmask]