-----Original Message-----
From: Open Forum for Learning Assistance Professionals
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Allison Reeves Grabowski
Sent: Tuesday, January 13, 2009 5:57 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Learning Centers and Libraries

Hi -

I work at Carroll University in Waukesha, Wisconsin and we've had a
combination of library/academic support services since 2006. Carroll is
a small, private university with around 3,000 students.  The
administration wanted to strengthen academic support services and it
made sense for our campus to combine academic support with library
support services to better serve students.  The move saved money, saved
campus space, provided a convenient, safe space for students/tutors and
provided the opportunity to consolidate all academic support services on
campus. I knew nothing about tutoring, SI, writing centers when I
started the process but have been fortunate to work with colleagues that
were willing to collaborate.   For more information on our story, check
out our website - http://divisions.cc.edu/library/LearningCommons.asp

Hope this helps.

Allison Reeves Grabowski

Associate Library Director

Learning Commons Director

Todd Wehr Memorial Library / Carroll University 100 N East Ave Waukesha,
WI  53186

262.524.7180 (direct dial)

262.524.7377 (fax)