From: Open Forum for Learning Assistance Professionals on behalf of Huettl, Angela
Sent: Tue 1/13/2009 2:13 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: working with blind students in basic writing

Does anybody have recommendations for resources that discuss how to best work with blind students in basic writing courses? My biggest concern is his resistance to doing his own typing. He has dictated papers to his scribe in other classes, but this approach does not fit with the process writing approach on our campus. I need a bit of background and research on working with blind students in writing courses. Anybody have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance for your help,

Angela Huettl
Indiana University South Bend