Our department is trying to work on ways to decrease the amount of time our students spend in developmental courses. Among other ideas, there was the idea of breaking up a sixteen week course into shorter modular courses of, perhaps, 5 weeks each. So, theoretically,  a student could test into the last module of Introductory Algebra and spend only 5 weeks in the course instead of having to sit through the entire 16 weeks. Does anyone have experience with this kind of set up? I would appreciate any help possible.

Thanks,
Dave Cooper
Wake Tech Comm. College
Raleigh, NC