I've put a few photos of the female Masked Duck at Lake City on my
website:

http://www.valdosta.edu/~bergstrm/maskduck.html

These were taken yesterday afternoon.  While studying the bird
together, John H., Peg, and I noticed the rather bright green
coloration of the base of the bill.  None of the field guides I've
seen, including Madge and Burns' (1988) Waterfowl guide, describes the
bill color on a female as anything other than gray.

Brad Bergstrom
Valdosta, GA