While surveying today, I noticed an increase in bird activity around 10:30,
mostly Yellow-rumped Warblers, a Blue-headed Vireo, several Ruby-crowned
Kinglet, several titmice.  If these birds have begun to move north that are
probably in for a surprise with the two back to back fronts heading our way.

Earlier I flushed either a Whip or a Chuck and also a Woodcock that I almost
stepped on.  I also had some groups of Robins and a smaller group of Cedar
Waxwing.

Surveying this winter has produced some not to be expected in Pinellas
birds.  Unexpected were Chipping Sparrows, Field Sparrow, Grasshopper
Sparrows, Lincoln's Sparrow, Bluebirds.  I've also had Indigo and Painted
Bunting, Orange-crowned Warbler and House Finch.

The Bald Eagles that are again nesting on the cell tower that can be seen
looking east from  the north end of Walsingham Park, should have chicks
around January 21.  The adults are able to disappear inside the nest so it
will be a few weeks before chicks will probably be able to be seen.

Judy

Judy Fisher
Seminole, Fl