The other day, I reported that some visiting birders and I saw a
banded Crested Caracara in eastern Collier County near the new town
of Ave Maria. I got word back from James Dwyer who banded this bird.
Here is his reply:

> That bird is a female, tagged 3/5/2006, at what was then the
> entrance to the brand new ground breaking for the Ave Maria
> project.  Her territory was converted from pasture to the
> suburban / urban project there now, and she was marked so we could
> see how she responded to the changes.  As it happens, she seemed to
> do just fine by shifting her territory a bit and continuing to
> breed normally.  Thanks for the heads up.  I am very interested in
> seeing how her bands are wearing.  Did you get any photos?

Thanks to all who answered my RFI about this bird.

Cheers.

Vince

Vincent Lucas
Naples, FL