This morning, 01/16/2009, while guiding visiting Gainesville area
birders Mary Landsman and Ellen Chen, we found a banded Crested
Caracara on CR846 aka Immokalee Rd. not far from the turnoff for Ave
Maria i.e. Camp Keais Rd. This is in Collier County. The bird was
perched on a fence post and gave good looks for a full five minutes.
We were able to see the band info through a spotting scope from 100
yards away. The right leg of the bird had a silver/metallic band i.e.
"federal"(?) band. The left leg had a blue metallic band with the
number "6" above "X" (vertical arrangement). Can anyone tell me who
might have banded this bird and when or point me in the right
direction so that I could find out this info? Any help would be
appreciated. Thanks.

Cheers.

Vince

Vincent Lucas