Saturday evening, 1/17, at about 5:30 p.m., I found a 1st winter Kumlien's Gull (or possibly a Kumlien's x Thayer's Gull hybrid) on the beach at Daytona Beach Shores.  The bird was considerably paler than the Thayer's Gull that has been here. Also it has patterned tertials rather dark-centered tertials as in the Thayer's Gull. Also, the trailing edge of the  primaries on the underwing  does not have a distinct dark edge like in the Thayer's Gull.

I also refound the Vega-type Gull on Friday afternoon, and the Thayer's Gull on Thursday afternoon.

Michael

Michael Brothers
Marine Science Center
Ponce Inlet