Subject:  Sedge Wrens at Roosevelt Wetlands [birdPIX]

Hi all,

Late this afternoon, 012209, I found the Sedge Wrens at Roosevelt Wetlands – thanks Don Margeson for the tip.  He indicated that he had found two Wrens a couple of months ago.  I got glimpses of one and possibly a second Wren.  Earlier this afternoon I tried a couple of different areas to try find these guys.  I had submitted an RFI to try to find these Wrens.

This was not a lifer as I had observed my first one in coastal TX back in the early 90s.  Of course I did not own a camera then   so this bird today was a new one for my birdPIX collection.

 These guys can be tough to get a good view of.  At time the only thing indicating their presence was the movement of the vegetation that they were moving about in.  I had to edit these three pix of the wren rather heavily so as to remove obstructing bits of vegetation.  Next time, in a few days, I’ll be back to try to get better pix of these Wrens.

The following links are to the images of this species.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/34290188@N07/3219428448/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/34290188@N07/3218576975/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/34290188@N07/3218576819/

Happy birding,