Hi Valdis and SocNet --

Thanks, interesting. I'm encouraged by the blurring of the 'business world'
and all our 'other worlds.' People are no longer checking their life at
reception to pull an 8-hour shift in the well-performing knowledge-based
organization. Social network applications are facilitating this natural
evolution of intangible exchanges and network fluidity between the 'work'
orbit and everything else.

Let's face it, life is a whole-system.

For example, I've heard from the talent networks the average span for a
newly-minted MSEE in Silicon Valley is 19 months with any one firm. New
grads must inhabit their networks from the beginning to assure economic
viability and prosperity (just like their more experienced brethren.) It is
about time. Since there is a rapid, predictable and overdue network
reorientation of wealth creation, it is critical to visualize the
whole-system with methods like social, org and value network analysis.

For 'applied' network analysis for the 'business world,' there is good
traction for VNA, e.g.,

Accounting: http://valuenetworks.com/public/item/225984

Aerospace: http://valuenetworks.com/public/blog/212322

Action Networks: http://valuenetworks.com/public/item/211393

(That's just the start of the 'As'...)

Application: http://valuenetworks.com/public/item/222265

BTW, we're trying to keep a good, but anecdotal, non-scientific,
non-scholarly, non-exhaustive catalogue and inventory of  applied
soc/org/val network analysis for business at the ValueNetworks.com blog so
if you have a good one, send it to [log in to unmask]

-j
http://xri.net/=jheuristic