Thanks, Rachel. I'll add cortisol to my list.
Cheers,
Charlie
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Rachel Smith<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
  To: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
  Sent: Thursday, February 26, 2009 12:28 PM
  Subject: Re: [SOCNET] Facebook and Dunbar number

  *****  To join INSNA, visit http://www.insna.org<http://www.insna.org/>  *****

  Well said, Charlie. We're also finding out how communication within social
  networks influences biological responses.

  * cortisol production: keeping secrets (even advising someone to keep a
  secret) increases cortisol production (free salivary), while communicating
  affection can lower cortisol production...

  Best wishes,
  Rachel

  Rachel A Smith, PhD
  Assistant Professor
  Communication Arts & Sciences
  Pennsylvania State University
  234 Sparks Building (office: 318 Sparks)
  University Park, PA 16802
  814-863-0030  Fax: 814-863-7986