Megan,

Timely post. In lieu of one in-service training session this spring, the director of Career Development will hold a resume writing workshop. We've asked all  SI Leaders and Tutors to bring their resumes, or at least working drafts, to the workshop. The center of focus will be how to "play up" tutorial experience along with education, in light of little or no off-campus work experience. I'll will put together a list of workshop tips and post again.

Sara

-----Original Message-----
From: Open Forum for Learning Assistance Professionals [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Megan Henderson
Sent: Thursday, February 19, 2009 8:54 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Tutors and Resumes

Does anyone have any tips on including tutoring experiences in resumes?
Anything students should say/not say? Specific characteristics to mention?

Thanks!

Megan

Megan Henderson, M.S.Ed
Student Learning Services Generalist
Ryan C. Harris Learning & Teaching Center
University of Dayton
300 College Park
Dayton, OH 45469-1302
Room: 023