Please share with members of your student organizations!

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D

Dear Friend:

On behalf of the Clinton Global Initiative University (CGI U), we are
pleased to provide information about the CGI U Outstanding Commitment
Awards, a potential source of funding for student service and activism
projects. The 2009 Awards are generously supported by the Pat Tillman
Foundation and the Wal-Mart Foundation. Because of Wal-Mart's continued
leadership in addressing climate change, $200,000 of this year's awards
will go to fund student-led projects that specifically address energy &
climate change.=20

Applicants do NOT need to be CGI U members, and the application is open
to all students. Applications will be accepted through April 3, 2009.

The CGI U Outstanding Commitment Awards will provide recognition and
financial support for a select number of student-led initiatives and
projects. To apply for the awards, please fill out an Outstanding
Commitment Award application  here
<http://www.clintonglobalinitiative.org/NETCOMMUNITY/Page.aspx?pid=3D3363=
&
srcid=3D3364> . The deadline for applications is Friday, April 3, 2009.
Any questions about the application can be directed to
[log in to unmask] Feel free to browse the CGI
U website for ideas and examples
<http://www.clintonglobalinitiative.org/NETCOMMUNITY/Page.aspx?pid=3D3296=
&
srcid=3D3285>  of CGI U Commitments to Action.

=20

About the Clinton Global Initiative University

=20

As you may know, the Clinton Global Initiative is an action-oriented
platform that seeks to catalyze new partnerships, practices, and
initiatives by and among its members that address social and
environmental problems. CGI U is a project of the Clinton Global
Initiative that seeks to engage the next generation of leaders on
college campuses around the world. =20

=20

Commitments to Action are the primary mechanisms by which CGI U engages
its members to take action. Each CGI U member must make commitment that
is a specific plan of action that addresses a pressing challenge on
campus, in a local community, or in different parts of the world.
Commitments can be made in any of the five CGI U focus areas: Education,
Energy & Climate Change, Global health, Peace & Human Rights, and
Poverty Alleviation.

=20

We would welcome your assistance in sharing this information with
students in your network. For additional information, please visit our
website at CGIU.org <http://www.ccgiugiu.org/> .  =20

=20

Many Thanks,=20

The CGI U Team

=20

=20

=20

Cheryl Yip

C L I N T O N   G L O B A L   I N I T I A T I V E

Tel: 212.397.2255 | Fax: 212.397.2256

=20