Dear BESTers,
Join me for a delicious sampling of local, fresh and in-season
food dishes! Local Eats Meet and Greet is a community dinner event
emphasizing the importance of eating local foods to create a
sustainable community. The event will also serve as a fundraiser
for the Civic Media Center, a local non-profit organization
dedicated to non-corporate press and community improvement.

Come out and try food grown by local farmers and distributed by
local businesses that recognize the importance of a local food
community in this increasingly industrialized food system.
Resources on sustainable eating will be provided.

Dr. Rosalie Koenig will highlight the importance of local eating
to the creation of sustainable communities.

In the U.S., the average grocery store's produce travels nearly
2,000 miles between the farm where it was grown and your
refrigerator. Come out and become a part of the LOCAL FOOD
MOVEMENT!

When: April 4, 2009
Time: 6-9pm
Place: Presbyterian Student Center (located across University Ave
from UF campus)

Advance Tickets: $7
Tickets at Door: $10
sold at:
Civic Media Center, 433 S. Main Street
Hyde-n-Zeke's, 402 NW 10th Avenue
Wild Iris Bookstore, 802 W University

Please invite your friends!

If you are active on Facebook, you can check out our group through
the following link:
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/event.php?eid=145035285225&ref=mf

--
Yelena Granovskaya