Hello,

I am organizing an environmental education event at a local elementary
school and I am looking for students who are interested in helping, if
you could pass the information about this event on to the members of
your organization it would be greatly appreciated.

The 2nd Annual Water Day at Williams Elementary School will be Friday
April 3, 2009. Water Day is a day of science enrichment for all
students (K-5) at Williams Elem. The goal is to help the students gain
a better understanding of environmental issues - specifically related
to water. Outside groups such as WAV, GRU, Waste Management, UF
Fisheries and others will be on site to give presentations to the
students. Additionally, students will be able to do hands on
activities that will further aid in their understanding of the issues
as well as enjoyment of the day.

VOLUNTEERS ARE NEEDED to make this event a success! We will need many
volunteers on the day of the event and leading up to the event; we
will need volunteers to help with everything from planning,
facilitating workshops, checking in volunteers and outside presenters,
helping gather materials and supplies, assisting students with
activities, and more. Everyone is encouraged to come out and volunteer
for all or a part of the day. There will be three sessions: 8:00-9:30
4th/5th grades, 9:45-11:15 2nd/3rd grades, 12:00-1:30 K/1st grades.

Volunteers will be asked to attend 1 training session that will last
approximately 2 hours. The dates for the training are: Friday March
20, 11am-1pm OR Tuesday March 24, 5-7pm.

Check out the Facebook event for Water Day:
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#/event.php?eid=65227813024&r
ef=ts

If you are interested in volunteering and would like more information,
or to sign-up for one of the sessions, please email Nikole Duvalle -

Thank you,

Nikole Duvalle

Graduate Assistant

Center for Leadership and Service