BESTers.

If you are interested in getting involved, please look at the following request from Elise Cassie, the event organizer.  PLT activities are easy to follow, fun, hands-on activities for pre-K - 12 grades.  Please contact me directly if you are interested.  Thanks!

Williams Elementary Water Education Day

Friday, April 3, 2009.

We need PLT to provide a station to be run 9 times, for about 25 minutes each, with a 45 minute break for lunch (to be provided.)

Ideally we need two volunteers to run the PLT activity "Water Wonders"

or another activity that can be completed in 25 minutes. Reading a water cycle book can be incorporated too. (I have one.) Or, another activity that someone feels comfortable doing.

4-5 grades: 9 - 9:30 (3, 25 min. sessions)

2-3 grades: 9:45 - 11:15 (3, 25 min. sessions)

break: 11:15 - 12

K-1: 12 - 1:45 (3, 25 min. sessions)

Nancy

Nancy Peterson, Assoc. Director for Research & Services

Executive Director, Conserved Forest Ecosystems Outreach & Research

Coordinator, Florida Project Learning Tree

School of Forest Resources and Conservation

University of Florida

PO Box 110410, 342B Newins-Ziegler

Gainesville, FL  32611-0410

phone 352-846-0848 fax 352-846-1277