Actually, my husband and I designed a Chemistry/Algebra learning community in the 90's when we taught the honors program in our high school. I've often thought that what we did would certainly work at the college level. If you are interested, I could share our ideas and what worked.

Lynette H Wedig
Math Instructor
New Mexico State University - Alamogordo
505-439-3791

>>> Shevawn Eaton <[log in to unmask]> 3/4/2009 2:05 PM >>>
Has anyone ever developed or worked with a learning community that included basic chemistry and college algebra.  We are considering this option for the fall.  We will also include a freshman seminar with the combo.  I'd appreciate any ideas, successes or failures you have had with a model for this.

Thanks.

Shevawn Eaton, Ph.D.
Director, ACCESS/ESP
Northern Illinois University