On our campus, all questions about therapy animals are directed to the Director of Disability Support Services.  Most colleges/universities have clear policies that have been constructed with the assistance of their legal counsel.

Joyce Van Baak
Director of Tutoring
Advisor, Advising Resources and Special Programs
Grand Valley State University
1 Campus Dr.
200 STU
Allendale, MI 49401
office: 616-331-2491
fax: 616-331-3440

>>> "Carole J. Basak" <[log in to unmask]> 3/5/2009 10:18 AM >>>
Our office also serves disability students. Currently we have our first request for permission to bring a therapy dog on campus. Does your institution allow therapy animals (for emotional support) in housing as an accommodation? What is your policy?

--
Carole Basak, Associate Director
Academic Support Services

929-403-3875