-----Original Message-----
From: Open Forum for Learning Assistance Professionals [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Barbara Speidel-Haughey
Sent: Tuesday, March 03, 2009 12:14 PM
To: [log in to unmask]

As a "mutation" of our Power Study Program (SI), we have begun to experiment with in-class tutors within basic skills courses. To date the pilot shows great promise, with enthusiasm and positive comments from both faculty, tutors, and students. However, we need to find a way to evaluate this program beyond qualitative data. This is proving to be difficult because of the many variables involved. Does anyone have suggestions regarding quantitative measures we can use to better assess the effectiveness of this approach?

Thanks!

Barbara J. Speidel-Haughey
Learning Assistance Services Coordinator
Ext. 6579