From: Open Forum for Learning Assistance Professionals [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Lawhorne, Stephanie
Sent: Wednesday, March 04, 2009 11:15 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Banner & Tutoring

We use Banner for our tutoring program in several ways.  We enter data
from our tutoring report forms (at the SGAZTUT page/form) and then
computer services generates monthly and semester reports that tell us
which students got tutoring, on what dates, for how long, for which
classes and with which tutors they worked.  Number codes have to be
entered for each tutor working (STVZTUT) for the semester so that we can
record the information on tutoring sessions.  We also have computer
services run a separate report telling us the contact hours each tutor
had during the given period.  There's a page that also lets us see an
individual student's tutoring history (SGAZTIN) for the given semester.

Computer services has also helped by designing a way to search in Banner
for potential peer tutors for specific courses based on grade and GPA
requirements.  That's done through the Process Submission Controls page
(GJAPCTL)

Hope this helps,
Stephanie L. Lawhorne

Stephanie L. Lawhorne