Reading these posts made me want to share my collection of links tagged
"junkmail" in my del.ici.ous account:
https://www.catalogchoice.org/login
http://www.greendimes.com/index.php
https://www.optoutprescreen.com/?rf=t
https://www.dmachoice.org
http://mailstopper.tonic.com/
http://www.yellowpagesgoesgreen.org/index.html

Lots of sites have sprung up with the purpose of controlling what you
receive. I can't necessarily comment on the effectiveness of it, but I'm
a fan of not wasting resources... Although as someone said, what would I
do with the time I normally would spend recycling my junkmail? (It's
Friday!)

Brittany Bennett Parris, MLIS
Assistant Archivist
Archdiocese of Atlanta