Hello
  There were a couple of dozen folks out at Alligator Lake today  and none of
them reported (to me) having seen the target bird.  We were out  there for
hours looking for the birds. Virlyn was kind enough to resend me one  of the
original photos of the bird.  Even tho the photo is a little blurry,  it still
gives enough detail of what we should be seeing out there.    We searched from
the first pool (on the right) all the way to the foot  bridge.  Other folks may
have searched further.  There are a few  greater yellow legs out there with
'paleness' at the base of the bill and bright  legs, but we could not turn any
of them into a ruff.
  We did get Wilson's snipe, solitary sandpiper, pectoral sandpiper,  least
sandpiper and stilt sandpiper (which tells you we were out there with a
fine-toothed comb), but no ruff.  There was one glossy glossy ibis.   Hope the
others have better luck than we had.  Maybe the bird shows up  later in the day.
We were there from 9:30 till after the noon hour.   We had a Louisiana
waterthrush, Eastern kingbird and prairie warbler in the  area near the buffalo herd.
One of our group saw several green-winged and  blue-winged teal and one ruddy
duck.
   Special thanks to Verlyn for all of his help this morning with  details,
etc on the bird.
  thanks
Diane Reed
St Augustine FL