Laurie Fowler, Professor and Director for Policy of the University of Georgia River Basin Center<http://www.rivercenter.uga.edu/people/directors.htm#laf>
Title: "Of Darters and Dollars: The Intersection of Science and Policy in the Etowah Watershed" (abstract<http://www.waterinstitute.ufl.edu/events/downloads/Laurie_Fowler_abstract.pdf>)
Co-Hosted by: Center for Governmental Responsibility UF College of Law
Time: 3 PM - 4:30 PM, April 14, 2009
Location: 122 Frazier Rogers Hall

Laurie Fowler is an environmental and land-use attorney who serves on the faculty of both the Odum School of Ecology and the School of Law at University of Georgia. In addition to teaching courses in environmental law, she teaches service learning courses that allow students to apply policy, design, and ecological principles in working with stakeholders to manage and protect water resources.  Ms. Fowler's research interests include federal, state, and local environmental protection laws and policies; watershed protection strategies; growth management and open space preservation; land use planning; conservation easements; environmental justice; citizen participation; and service learning.

April 14, 2009  Itinerary

11:45am-1:15pm Lunch with Water Institute Faculty Advisory Committee
1:30pm -2:30om  Meeting with ACF interest group
3:00pm - 4:30pm Seminar and Discussion - 122 Rogers Hall

Wendy Graham
Director UF Water Institute
PO Box 116601
University of Florida
Gainesville, Florida 32611-6601
Phone 352-392-5893 x 2113
Email  [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
www.waterinstitute.ufl.edu<http://www.waterinstitute.ufl.edu/>