It has been the best first week of April at the lighthouse in seven
years. Many long awaited neos passing thru, feels like we are getting
our share. Finally, today I saw the Swainson's Warbler.
  An island resident reported to me their neighbor saw a Black-headed
Grosbeak in their Sanibel yard. The report is three days old.
   Also, I was on N. Captiva today and the flats were covered (no
exaggeration) with shorebirds, highlighted by an adult Am Avocet. An
eagle was resting in a tall tree.
As if my day wasn't birdy enough, was that male Blue Grosbeak waiting
for me at the feeder? MY male Painted Bunting certainly was and the
usual 8
Indigos
Vince McGrath
Ft Myers, Fl