It has been a little slow for migrants at the Dry Tortugas. We are however seeing all of the expected nesting seabirds.

We had a one day wonder La Sagra's Flycatcher, every one got excellent views. The bird was found on April 11 late in the afternoon. We looked for it the next day but could not find it.

On this same trip we made it out into the Gulf Stream. We saw Audubon's Shearwater and Pomarine Jaegers as well as Sooty Terns. We could not find any Bridled Terns which was a shame. We did find one nice adult Roseate Tern though.

Yellow-billed Cuckoo
Rose-breastedGrosbeak
Blue Grosebeak
Painted Bunting
Indigo Bunting
Kentucky Warbler
Hooded Warbler
Tennessee Warbler
Black-whiskered Vireo
Gray Kingbird

The above were some of the highlights so far.On Stock Island where the boat is docked, on the evening of April 10, I had a calling Antillean Nighthawk. The bird only called twice, this is a very early date for one.

I will be at the Dry Tortugas again for another 6-days, I hope the cold front brings some more good birds!

Larry Manfredi
Homestead FL
E-mail: [log in to unmask] net
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T