I found an adult male Yellow-faced Grassquit at about 5:30 p.m. today at Ft. Zachary Taylor in Key West.

The bird was located along the nature trail not too far from the parking lot.  It was up along the berm near two Coconut Palms that are right next to the path on the right side.  The bird was very skittish and hard to approach.  I had just arrived in the park, I alerted Murray Gardler, Carl Goodrich, Wayne Peterson and ladies from Texas.  They all were able to get good looks at the bird.  Decent photos were taken of this skittish bird.

Larry Manfredi
Homestead, FL
E-mail:  [log in to unmask]
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T