"a recent California case did not agree."

You're correct, sir.  I was thinking of that case too, but wasn't at work to
find the info I saved on it.  I think this is all getting put through a
filter of reasonableness now because there is so much information generated
in so many ways now that I think courts in some cases will try to find some
middle ground while protecting company and personal privacy.  It won't be
easy though.