Lots of individual Rufous-Sided Towhees were calling in the park. I assumed they were migrants passing through but they seemed to be setting up territories there. I saw one bird on the beach digging a hollow place in the wave-gathered seaweed. In retrospect I wonder if he was only finding food? The weed was washed up under the mangrove and Towhees nest on the ground. This park does not get mentioned much in the birdmail. It is well worth a visit despite the burned-down boardwalk!

I hope this evening finds you well.

Paul Francois

Holiday, SW Pasco Co.

http://sicluceatlux.wordpress.com

currently displaying: 'aint gonna go to Barbados'