Much discussion has been made on one of the Florida listservs about wind-blown birds during migration. Bob and I would just like to report that today two West Indian migrants have evidenced themselves in our yard and neighborhood. Wind has been east for days, but this morning is light and variable.

A Black-whiskered Vireo of the nominate race Vireo altiloquus altiloquus is in the yard now, and two Gray Kingbirds Tyrannus dominicensis are in the trees just a few hundred yards to our west.

A great start for May which includes singing American Redstarts, Baltimore Orioles, Wood Thrush and Blackpoll Warblers.

Lucy and Bob Duncan
Gulf Breeze, Florida
(just south of Pensacola)