-----Original Message-----
From: Open Forum for Learning Assistance Professionals
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Sara Weertz
Sent: Tuesday, May 05, 2009 11:01 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Reading Improvement software

Jennifer,

I think TurboRead would be an excellent option. It's not a quick ' dirty
sort of deal--the program takes a good 7 or 8 hours to complete, so
students are advised to work through the software in one-hour blocks of
time. TurboRead was used at another university I worked for. I went
through the program myself before I introduced it to our tutors/SI
Leaders. The software is sold as a speed reading course, but teaches
students the essence of reading comprehension as well as tips and
techniques regarding reading as a study strategy. I learned a great deal
about my own reading habits.

Sara Weertz
Director, Supplemental Instruction
Angelo State University