Dear Fellow Learning Assistance Professionals and Colleagues:

Would you like a few more days to submit your proposal for this year’s 2009 National College Learning Center Association (NCLCA) Conference to be held October 1 - October 2, 2009 in Golden, CO at the Denver Marriott West hotel?

Knowing my own busy schedule as our campus and office are ending our spring semester with graduation this Sunday, May 10 and gearing up for our first New Student Orientation on Saturday, May 16, I expect several of you are also in crunch time at your respective colleges and universities.

As a result, I am extending the deadline for you to submit your proposal to Monday, May 11 . This will provide you a few more days to put the finishing touches on your proposal.

This year’s theme is…

Mountaintop Experiences in Learning Assistance:

What Are They and How Do We Reach Them?

This year’s theme reflects the variety of challenges we may be facing in our work and how we are overcoming these challenges to help our students achieve their academic goals. Take this opportunity to share the research and practice you have been doing in your area with your colleagues.

The areas we are looking for include:

Ÿ Tutor Training and Evaluation

Ÿ Supplemental Instruction Programs

Ÿ Programming for Special Student Populations

(e.g., conditional students, athletes, first-year students, etc.)

Ÿ Learning Center Programming

(e.g., tutoring, workshops, etc.)

Ÿ Learning Center Management

(e.g., evaluation/assessment, employee training/development, marketing, etc)

Please visit our conference website at http://www.nclca.org/annualconference.htm to view a sample proposal and to submit your proposal.

If you have questions about developing and/or submitting a proposal, please contact me.

We look forward to seeing you all in Golden!

Travis Ramage (NCLCA Professional Development Officer)
Academic Advisor / STAR Program Coordinator
Aurora University
347 Gladstone Avenue
Aurora, IL 60506
PH: 630-844-5141