From: Open Forum for Learning Assistance Professionals on behalf of Dianne Clark
Sent: Fri 5/15/2009 11:33 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Tutor training videos

Hi Everyone,

I use a DVD and its accompanying study guide which were produced by North Carolina State University for part of my undergraduate math teaching assistants' training. They start some great discussions as trainees add their own stories. I am not using them online, but I may look into it in the future.

Dianne

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Barbara B. Windom
Director, Undergraduate Tutorial Center
Division of Undergraduate Academic Programs
102 Park Shops,  Box 7118
North Carolina State University
Raleigh, NC  27695-7118
(919) 515-8496
http://www.ncsu.edu/tutorial_center/
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

>>> "Gamache, Suzanne" <[log in to unmask]> 5/15/2009 10:46 AM >>>
HI everyone,

There is a bit of money left over at the end of the fiscal year and I'd
like to purchase some new tutor training materials.  Books, DVDs,
whatever you have used and recommend-I'd love to hear about them.  I'm
especially interested in any material which focuses on training online
tutors  and the differences between face-to-face and online tutoring.

Thanks, Suzanne

Follow my journey as I train and fundraise for the Breast Cancer 3-Day:

http://www.the3day.org/site/TR/Walk/BostonEvent?px=1288099&pg=personal&f
r_id=1292

Suzanne Gamache, M.Ed.

Coordinator of Tutoring Services and Strategies for Success Program

Centers for Learning & Academic Support Services

UMass Lowell, Southwick 321

1 University Avenue Lowell, MA 01854

Phone: (978) 934-2947

Fax: (978) 934-3088